What is the importance of using a Gas Safe Registered engineer? All installations, repairs and services carried out on gas appliances must be completed by gas engineers who are on the Gas Safe Register. It is required by law that engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register in order to complete work on gas appliances safely and legally. However, that doesn’t mean all gas engineers are on the register. In this article we explain the importance of using a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Importance of Using a Gas Safe Registered Engineer
When having a gas appliance installed, repaired or serviced it’s important you get the work completed by an engineer on the Gas Safe Register. By law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register, but beware this doesn’t mean that all gas engineers are on the register so, before you go ahead with any work you should always check that the engineer is on the Gas Safe Register. You can check whether a gas engineer is on the Gas Safe Register by finding an engineer on their website.
A gas engineer who is on the register will carry a Gas Safe ID card with them, this is a way of them proving they are on the register. Before the engineer carries out any work on your appliances, you should always ask to see their ID card first. If the engineer cannot provide you with their ID card it’s advisable to not let them start any work on your gas appliances until they can provide it.
When looking at the Gas Safe ID card you should check the following details:
- The photo on the ID card is actually of the engineer
- Check the start and expiry date to ensure the card hasn’t expired
- The license number which is on the card
- The Gas Safe security hologram is on the card
- The engineer is actually from the business they said they were from
- Not only can you check the Gas Safe ID card of the engineer, but you can also check they are qualified to do the gas job you’ve employed them to do and that their qualifications are up to date.
For more gas safety tips please read our article.
3 Reasons Why You Should Use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer
Here are 3 reasons why you should use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer:
- Keep you and your family safe – Having your gas work completed by an illegal engineer who isn’t properly qualified can cost you and your family your lives. This highlights the importance of using a Gas safe registered engineer to carry out the work on your gas appliance.
- Peace of mind – Choosing a gas engineer who is on the register will give you peace of mind that you are employing someone who is capable of carrying out the work safely and legally.
- Keep your Insurance Valid – If you choose to employ a Gas Safe Registered engineer to work on your gas appliances, then you will be covered by your insurance if anything does go wrong. However, if you choose someone without the credentials, then your insurance could be invalid.
Gas Services from fixx
Here at fixx, we offer reliable and professional gas services to domestic properties across the North of England. Our gas services are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
All of our Gas engineers are on the Gas Safe Register so, you can have peace of mind that all gas work carried out by us is completed safely and efficiently to the highest standard. With our engineers’ qualifications, experience and skills you can rely on us to take care of all of your requirements quickly and effectively.
We can install, service and repair any gas appliance including, but not limited:
- Central Heating
- Hot Water systems
- Hot Water cylinders
- Gas Cookers
- Gas Hobs
- Pressurised systems
- Water Softeners
- Control and Programmers
- Power flushing
- Underfloor heating
- Landlord certificates